I always preach the Gospel of Reflection, here's why.



The accumulation of days and time that I have spent living my life breeds an imperative need for moments where I just stop and look back at my experiences. In an effort to determine the reason why things might have turned out the way they did or maybe why I never got to the point I thought I would’ve been at during a certain time, I find that reflecting always strikes me with some sort of a silver lining. By this I mean that when I look back on my life’s past events I get to subjectively understand the results of my actions, decisions and tendencies. 

Fixating on what has passed could unleash a deep dark black-hole that pulls you into a world of endless questioning and what ifs or it could catapult you into a sphere of innate understanding of actions and consequences and how these shape the path you are walking on. The best decisions in multiple professional disciplines are made from the collection and analysis of existing statistics and data. So, looking back and picking up patterns and critical moments that occurred some time before the present should provide the best insights and lay a good foundation for making informed decisions moving forward. As much as the future cannot be predicted, using reflection as a tool for determination comes pretty close to fortune-telling. 

My advocacy for reflection is based off the fruits that have blossomed in my garden upon use of said method. During this process of thought I am able to evaluate and deliberate, matching outcomes with causality. It’s a fun and eye-opening activity that creates contrast between who I was and who I have grown to be, designing blueprints for my future self. I mainly reflect through writing, however it is not a one-size-fits-all. It can be done through conversation with yourself or others, creatively using poems, songs, drawing or painting. It is important to find what is tailored for you for the best possible experience.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Inauguration: Embark with me

A turning point in the midst of despair

The Knowing